12 Signs You're Dealing With Entrepreneurial Burnout
You just received a payment notification from Stripe but instead of joy, a wave of tiredness comes over you.
You think, “God I hope this one doesn’t turn into a chargeback.”
In the past few years, we’ve seen a rise in suicide rates in general but specifically among startup founders & small business owners.
Entrepreneurial Burnout is more dangerous than other types because most entrepreneurs don’t stop or seek help until it becomes full-blown depression.
Read on for 11 more signs & affordable ways to beat it.
- You fall asleep but only out of exhaustion not because of choice.
- You wake up in the middle of the night around 3-4 am then have trouble falling back asleep.
- You’re overwhelmed by simple decisions like what time to schedule a meeting.
- It pains you to talk about your business. You literally feel a dull pain in your chest and find it difficult to breathe when you hear “So how’s business?”
- You mute, unfollow or avoid people in your niche or industry that seem to be doing better than you.
- You’re irritated or enraged by simple client requests or customer service emails.
- You’re either eating very little or way too much. You smoke up more than usual or need to drink excessively in order to relax.
- You feel a deep sense of loneliness so you spend way too much time on social sites.
- When you hear that someone dies or passes away you feel slight envy that they don’t have to deal with ALL of this anymore.
- You try to take breaks but come back to work feeling more overwhelmed and very guilty.
How To Beat It:
Burnout is bad because it’s both psychological & physical.
Your brain is experiencing lower levels of neurochemicals that are responsible for happiness.
So you need a combination of physical & psychological therapy.
1. Yoga & MeditationGet a therapist (ideally cognitive-behavioral)
2. TimeLine Therapy to release mental blocks
(book a session here: https://www.fwrdinstitute.com/how-to-work-with-juliet)
3. Sweat (go to a sauna/spa)
4. Hypnosis & Sound Therapy
5. Train Your Brain
Self-hypnosis will teach you how to manage your emotions that are responsible for your behavior.
Learn how in Get Your Shift Together: https://www.fwrdinstitute.com/get-your-shift-together-zero-to-six-figures
7. Create A Burnout Recovery Plan
Here's a post on how to do so https://www.fwrdinstitute.com/blog/create-your-burnout-recovery-plan