Envision Your Success
Most personal success mindset instructions tell you that before you can experience success, you should pinpoint what your vision of success is like. You may want to take a little time to realistically “daydream” about the work you’ll accomplish and the success.
The main reason you need a vision is because if you don’t know what you want, you won’t recognize it even if someone handed it to you on a silver platter. To help you visualize the success you want to achieve, create a vision board, write a story about your success, as if you were a reporter, etc. Here are a few other suggestions to try:
- Create a vision board - When you’re trying to achieve a goal, using a vision board to help you fully imagine what that success looks like will help. For example, if you have a desire to build a six-figure business, set up a vision board depicting what that looks like to help you create the steps to get there.
- Write down your goals - If you don’t want to create vision boards, you can still visualize your success by using very descriptive writing to write down and describe your goals. When you write down a SMART success goal, be very specific about what constitutes a success to you.
- Picture your goals being met - When you are creating your vision board or writing down each goal, take the time to imagine it in your mind. You may want to consider going to a nice, quiet place in your home, where you can relax and/or find inspiration. Allow yourself to pretend that you have achieved your goal. Use the following questions to help you set the stage for your vision:
- Where will you likely be when you meet the goal or finish the project?
- Will someone be there with you when you achieve the goal? Who?
- What emotions will you probably feel?
- What clothing will you be wearing?
- Who will you call first and what will you say?
- Celebrate your success - Each small success you experience deserves a celebration. If you managed to stick to your new sleep schedule for the last 21 days as planned, that deserves a small celebration for the success.
As you go through life, you’re going to experience success and failure, but you need to recognize your fully experience successes. When you do this, you will also be able to identify failures as opposed to slight setbacks.